Save The Satos is headed to Puerto Rico in September for another rescue mission. We will be joining forces with a few other rescues to save as many dogs as possible. We will also be preforming another round of TNR (trap, neuter & release) of the feral dogs of the island. This helps cut down on the stray dog population, which is an estimated 500,000.
We are in need of donations that will be used for:
• Vaccines, medication & veterinary costs for the rescued dogs
• Boarding costs for the dogs we rescue
• Travel costs for the rescued dog to fly to NJ
• Food to feed the stray dogs across the island
• Medication to treat the strays
• Humane traps for TNR
• Spay/Neuter surgeries
We hope we can make this the most successful rescue mission to date. Help us make this come true! No amount is too small! Please share with all of your friends and family!
Come visit our adoptable doggies at our Adoption Center located at:
5 Bowling Green Parkway
Jefferson, NJ 07849
Located right next to the Post Net
Hours vary, so please call ahead
Save the Satos Inc. is a non-profit, registered 501c3 organization.
Save the Satos has a three-part mission.
1. We are focused on changing the lives of the stray dogs "Satos" of Puerto Rico. Save the Satos rescues the unwanted, adoptable dogs of the island and transports them to New Jersey. They are made happy and healthy, socialized, spayed/neutered and put up for adoption to find their forever home.
2. Save the Satos also focuses on helping pet owners in Puerto Rico by providing food, shelter, spay/neuter, flea/tick/heart worm prevention, vaccines and veterinary care to families in need.
3. Save the Satos also focuses on “TNR” Trap, Neuter and Release of the feral dogs of the island that can not be put into homes because they have lived most of their lives on the streets and are not socialized around people. This will decrease the stray population by sterilizing the true strays of the island so they can not produce any more unwanted litters of puppies.
There are an estimated 500,000 stray dogs in Puerto Rico, a US Commonwealth about the size of Connecticut. Back in October of 2018 four team members went to the island to see if they could help. Throughout the week, the team saved over 30 dogs. Within the next 8 months, the team visited the island 3 more times and continued to save another 50 Satos and placed them in loving homes. They volunteered at The Spayathon for Puerto Rico, doing everything they could to make a difference, but it still was not enough. This is when Save the Satos was formed. We have made it our life’s mission to not stop until we make a difference in the stray population on this beautiful little island.
Your support and contributions will enable us to help these animals. Your generous donation will fund our mission.
Copyright © 2022 Save the Satos - All Rights Reserved.